The Original Weighted Compression Vest™-Band Graphic
Our founder and occupational therapist Aviva couldn’t find a weighted compression vest for kids, so she designed her own. This vest was our first Fun and Function product and it’s still one of our top sellers. It’s like a reassuring hug, perfect for helping to calm down, focus or cope with sensory overload. The steady proprioceptive input and compression around the trunk are especially soothing for those with sensory challenges. With stretchy neoprene for a snug, comfy fit and awesome graphics, kids even ask to wear it.
- Proprioceptive feedback helps to calm down, focus or cope with sensory overload
- Hug-like compression encourages calm and feeling of security
- Adjust compression on sides and shoulders with hook-and-loop closures
- Supports kids and adults with ADHD, sensory integration disorder or autism
- Made by Fun and Function
- Ages 18 months - 10+
Includes 2 lbs. of weight: four 1/4 lb. weights and two 1/2 lb. weights. Additional weights sold separately (see accessories). Weights are safely positioned in pockets inside the vest and can be added or removed. Learn about the calming benefits of weights and compression.
- Side and shoulder closures to adjust to best fit
- 6 interior pockets for removable weights
- 100% polyester neoprene vest with 100% polyester lining and hook and loop closures
- 100% cotton weights filled with steel pellets
- Graphics printed with PU ink
- To wash vest, remove weights. Attach all closures to prevent damage to vest. Machine wash cold/gentle. Dry flat.
- Surface wash weights. Air dry.
- Color: Navy blue with band graphic
Please note: Weights should be carefully and gradually adjusted for each person's needs. (5% of total body weight is a common standard. The total should never exceed 10-15% of total body weight.)
- X-Small: Holds up to 4 lbs. of weight
- Small: Holds up to 5 lbs. of weight
- Medium: Holds up to 9 lbs. of weight
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.