How Much Supervision is Needed? Every Child is Unique
We are committed to providing you with the information you need to ensure your child’s safety and to maximize the benefits of using Fun and Function’s products. Safety is a shared responsibility. We provide well-designed and well-crafted products for your child. Our Guidelines for Safe Use and warnings are written with you and your child in mind. You make sure that the product is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. You regularly inspect the products and check to make sure your child is using the products as intended.
Because our products are often designed for children with unique developmental needs, we often recommend adult supervision or adult guidance when using each product. Still, we know that every child is unique - that is exactly why we do what we do. When using our products, remember that you -- as the caregiver -- know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child. Consider several factors as you use your best judgment to determine whether your child needs a closer level of supervision when using a given product. Think about:
• The child’s developmental age
• The child’s unique developmental needs
• The way the child uses similar products
• The behaviors the child typically exhibits (e.g. chewing) and how they may engage with this product
•The strength of the child
• Whether the child has broken, swallowed or otherwise misused objects in the past
• How well the child follows your directions
• The predictability of the child’s behavior
We want to ensure the products you select match your needs. If you are unsure which product is appropriate for your child’s needs or how to safely use one of our products, assistance is always available by contacting our team of occupational therapists and experts at CustomerCare@FunandFunction.com.