Magical Apparel Vests and Dress-up
Play, Pretend & Practice Fine Motor Skills at the Same Time!
What’s better than kids exploring the magical world of pretend play? When their costumes provide fine motor skill practice and calming sensory input. Kids have so much fun playing princess, fairy, fireman, EMT or police officer, they won’t even notice they’re learning as they lace, snap, button, zip and hook together their costumes. Add weights to the interior pockets, and the vests function as a reassuring deep hug.
- Encourages imaginative play while improving fine motor skills
- Nurtures social skills and supports motor planning
- Optional weights sold separately (see accessories tab)
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Ideas for Use
The vocational vests are a great tool for transitions as well as enticing children into therapy, the car or wherever you need them to do. Weights can be safely added to the four pockets inside the front of the vest and three at the back to calm and provide focus.
Each vest has 1 pocket with hook-and-loop closure and 1 pocket with 2 snaps. Other closures on vest include 3 large buttons, 4 small buttons, 1 lace-up, 1 buckle, 2 snaps and 1 zipper. Vests and skirts sold separately and are size adjustable. Styles may vary slightly. Use with adult supervision. Choose from:
- Fairy Princess Dressing-Ball Gown Skirt
- EMT Dressing Vest
- Fairy Princess Dressing Vest
- Policeman Dressing Vest
- Set of Ball Gown Skirt and Princess Dressing Vest
Policeman & EMT Dressing Vest: 18''W x 17.5''L (Includes elastic on each side of the vest that stretches up to 4".)
Princess Dressing Vest: 13''-16''W x 13''-14''L (Includes adjustable hook-and-loop on both sides and shoulders.)
- Elastic panels let one size fit most children
- Made from heavy-duty cotton-poly blend
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Air dry.
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.