Our Online Interactive Training is designed to provide every classroom teacher with a collection of tools to address common needs together with a theoretical understanding of the interventions and real life examples of implementation methods. Utilized both in self contained classrooms as well as General Education classrooms, each Online Interactive Training includes a break box and an individual login to participate in our online learning module. Fun and Function has been providing training to teachers, administrators and therapists as part of our Active Mind Partnership program. The Active Mind Partnership promotes the integration of sensory tools as a tiered intervention strategy that can support learning, the development of self regulation and executive functioning skills and function as a positive behavioral support system.
The Active Mind Partnership relies on the use of sensory tools and a critical component of the program is appropriate training. Our online interactive training is intended to convey the same information and message we deliver in our in-person trainings, but provides a flexible and cost-effective delivery option.
Our online interactive training is divided into two modules. The first module has recently become available: Tier 1, introduction to the Break Box™. The second module will become available before May, 2018.
- Course 1: Sensory needs and the Break Box™ as a tier 1 intervention (tool for the entire classroom - a.k.a. how to use the break box).
- Course 2: Sensory Processing Disorder and Tier 2 interventions (individualized behavioral programs)
Some of the topics touched upon:
- What are the senses?
- What is Sensory Integration?
- What is Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Discussion of Executive Functioning and Self Regulation
- Case studies of sensory based programs and outcomes
- Workshop to kick off your own program for the entire class (tier 1) and a program for an individual students (tier 2)