Peek A Boo Sea Creatures
Build Confidence to Crawl Through Tunnels
Some children are reluctant to crawl through tunnels, especially if they’re unfamiliar with how they work. They often feel unsure if they’ll come out the other end! Pushing these adorable sea creatures through the stretchy sleeves helps kids become more comfortable with the concept. This exercise challenges intrinsic finger muscles and encourages motor planning to get the animal in the right position. It helps kids understand how to enter and exit a tunnel on a smaller scale so they can build up confidence and comfort to do it themselves. Use with adult supervision.
- Helps ease children into entering and exploring tunnels
- Supports kids with ADHD, sensory integration disorder and autism
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Peekable Sea Creatures are a small scale version a resistance tunnel. Resistance tunnels are excellent sensory tools, providing proprioceptive input while challenging motor skills and helping kids learn body awareness.
Ideas for Use
- Create a story about the sea creatures finding their way through a narrow cave tunnel as you work the creatures through their sleeves.
- Instruct the child to move the creatures through the sleeves forwards and backwards.
- Compare and contrast the yellow creature to the blue one and the red sleeve to the blue one. Which one is bigger? How can you tell? Which sleeve is longer? Have the child show you.
- Includes 2 sea creatures and 2 stretchy sleeves
- Yellow sea creature: 4"L x 3"W x 3"D
- Blue sea creature: 4.5"L x 4"W x 2.5"D
- Red sleeve: 11.5"L
- Blue sleeve: 8"L
- Total weight: 5.2 oz.
- Sea creatures made from PVC plastic; sleeves made from 88% polyester 12% spandex
- Surface wash. Air dry.
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.