Ready Slide Match
Why We Love It
Skill-Building Sequencing Game
Get ready to slide the discs so they match the cards! Lift the lid out of the box and choose either the side with colors or the side with shapes. Prop the board up in the box or lay it flat on top. Select a challenge card, also double-sided with a choice of colors or shapes, and place it in the card stand and slide the discs through the maze to match the card. Add the hourglass timer to the card stand and see if you can complete the challenge before the sand runs out! It's a skill-building activity that's fun, because kids love the challenge of recreating the pattern on the cards. At the same time, kids develop visual perceptual skills and tracking skills as they glance back and forth from the card to the game board. The sorting puzzle gives kids a fine-motor workout as they rely on manual dexterity to manipulate the sliding discs, and a mental workout as they engage in strategic problem-solving to slide the discs in order. Terrific tool for teaching and reinforcing colors and shapes. The challenges on the cards range in level of difficulty, so it can be used for kids of different ages. Younger kids enjoy playing without the cards and making their own patterns too. Easily store all in one compact box.
- Educational, fun and confidence-building
- Helps kids develop learning readiness skills
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 5+
Ideas for Use:
- Start with the easiest card (#1) and work your way up to the more challenging cards
- Time yourself completing a card. Can you do it again and beat your time?
- Traveling therapist? Add this versatile tool to your therapy bag
- Box includes removable lid with 24 attached sliding discs, 18 cards, sand timer and card stand
- Box: 9.3"L x 7.5"W x 1"H. Discs: 1" Diameter x 0.3"H. Cards: 3.5"L x 2"W. Timer: 2.3"H x 0.6" Diameter
- Weighs 1 lb. total
- Box and discs: Wood with non-toxic paint and coating. Cards: PET coated cardstock. Timer: Sand and glass encased in ABS plastic
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Colors: Natural wood and multi-colored game pieces
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.