Sensory Processing Challenges
A Must-Read for Child Care Professionals
Sensory processing difficulties can significantly interfere with daily function at school, home and in the community. In this much-needed book, occupational therapist Lindsey Biel, co-author of Raising a Sensory Smart Child, gives clinicians a practical roadmap to SPD, equipping them with everything they need to provide the most comprehensive care for kids and teens.
This book helps child care professionals to:
- Learn about sensory issues ranging from auditory hypersensitivity to vestibular dysfunction to impaired multisensory processing
- Understand the relationship between behavior problems and underlying sensory processing issues
- Recognize triggers and patterns to proactively manage and even prevent overstimulation and meltdowns
- Learn to implement therapeutic sensory programs and environmental modifications to help children feel and function better
- Increase client, family and school ability to use sensory smart strategies that can make an enormous difference in everyday life.
- 6.4" X 9.6"
- Written by Lindsey Biel
- Published in February 2014
- 296 pages
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.