Tactile Matching Game
Why We Love It
Textured Matching Learning Tool
Make a match! This matching game has a tactile twist. Feel the cool textures on the colorful flexible shapes and then reach into the drawstring bag to find the disc with the same texture. Teach kids how a property such as texture can remain constant on objects of different sizes and shapes. Terrific tool for tactile exploration and stereognosis match activities. Tactile mats set can also be used as part of a brushing protocol or sensory diet for hyposensitive kids.
- Versatile tool for teaching early learning skills such as colors and shapes
- Supports kids with learning disabilities, sensory integration disorder or developmental delays
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
- Colors may Vary
Ideas for Use
- Match up the shapes. Then mix them together and try to match them with your eyes closed as a stereognosis activity
- Use the large shapes as stepping stones. Step across the shapes barefoot for a novel tactile sensation
- Place a paper over each shape. Rub the paper with a flat crayon to produce a stencil rub of each texture
- Includes 5 large shapes and 5 small circles in a small drawstring pouch
- Hexagon: 10.6"L x 9.25"W x 0.2"D. Color: Blue
- Circle: 10" Diameter x 0.2"D. Color: Yellow
- Triangle: 11.4"W x 10"H x 0.2"D. Color: Orange
- Star: 11.4"L x 11"W x 0.2"D. Color: Pink
- Square: 9.4"L x 9.4"W x 0.2"D. Color: Green
- Small Circles: 4" Diameter x 0.2"D. Colors: Blue, yellow, orange, pink and green
- Weighs 2.5 lbs. total
- Shapes made of silicone. Drawstring pouch made of polyurethane and polypropylene string
- Surface wash. Air dry.
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.