The Original Weighted Compression Vest™-Black
Get notified when this product is back in stock!
The Original Stretchy, Comfy Neoprene Vest Provides Weight and Compression
Our founder and occupational therapist Aviva couldn’t find a weighted compression vest for her kids, so she designed her own. This vest was our first Fun and Function product and it’s still one of our top sellers. It’s like a reassuring hug, perfect for helping to calm down, focus or cope with sensory overload. The steady proprioceptive input and compression around the trunk are especially soothing for those with sensory challenges. With stretchy neoprene for a snug, comfy fit, mesh sides for breathability and the subtle black design, even older kids even ask to wear it.
- Fashion-friendly for boys and girls
- Supports calm and focus for kids, teens and adults with ADHD, autism and sensory processing disorder
- Made by Fun and Function
- Ages 2-Adult
Measurements shown reflect size of the vest. To measure for width, lift arms slightly and measure around the chest. For a snug fit, select a vest where the smallest width measurement is at least 4 inches less than the measurement around chest. Black vest is 1" longer than other Weighted Compression Vests to accommodate Teen/Adult sizing. Weighted compression vests also available in red or blue (WR1809P) or with band, dolphin or peace graphics (WR4284P). Place weights into pockets based on your child's weight and preferences. Additional weights sold separately.
- Includes vest and 2 lbs. of weight: four 1/4 lb. weights and two 1/2 lb. weights
- Vest: Made of 100% neoprene with 100% polyester mesh sides, interior pockets and hook-and-loop closures. To wash, remove weights and adhere all closures. Machine wash cold. Air dry.
- Removable weights: Weights are 100% cotton filled with steel pellets. Surface wash. Air dry.
- Color: Black
Please note: Weights should be carefully and gradually adjusted for each person's needs. (5% of total body weight is a common standard. The total should never exceed 10-15% of total body weight.)
- Medium & Large: Each hold up to 9 lbs. of weight
- X-Large: Holds up to 12 lbs. of weight
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.