Weighted Teddy Bear
Why We Love It
Cuddly Bear with Soothing Weight and Tactile Benefits
More friendly than a weighted blanket or lap pad, this super soft and cuddly bear makes a great companion for sensory-seeking kids. Lightly weighted, he encourages heavy work and tactile exploration. Teddy is your calm-down weighted stuffed animal for transitions, circle time, therapy sessions or whenever your child needs to calm and focus. He provides a feeling of comfort and security in any situation!
- Helpful for sensory integration and speech therapies
- Supports kids with autism, ADHD and sensory processing disorder
- Made by Fun and Function
- For children age 2+ years weighing 30+ lbs.
Weight provides proprioceptive input, which helps children with large motor control, motor planning and processing sensory information. Weight acts like a filter, helping the nervous system integrate information more efficiently.
Ideas for Use
- Place in lap for comforting deep pressure during transitions
- Keep nearby during stressful situations to have a buddy to talk to
- Rub hands across the bear’s soft body, helping to calm and regulate
- Weighs 3 lbs.
- Supports up to (something you hang from)
- Made of 100% polyester. Filled with 100% polyester fiber. Weights are 2-3mm glass pellets in 100% polyester lining
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Colors: Brown bear with black facial features
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.