To expand your resources, Fun and Function is sharing this list of nonprofit services with you. Please address your questions to the specific organization since these are independent and not associated with Fun and Function.
To help you save up for the sensory solutions you need most, Fun and Function offers cash rewards too! Learn more here.
Do you know of other resources that could be helpful to families? Please comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dream Factory: Initiatives that provide relief from the stress and trauma experienced by children with chronic illnesses and disorders.
- Best Buddies: Creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living.
- Easterseals: Wide variety of services for individuals with autism, developmental disabilities, physical disabilities and other special needs.
- First Hand Foundation: Case grants, wellness and lifestyle programs in schools, communities and home settings.
- Giving Angels Foundation: Grants for equipment, medical supplies, essential family bills, specialized camps, and therapeutic toys.
- Move United: Organizes year-round recreational opportunities including 70 different adaptive sports.
- Parent to Parent USA: Hands-on support, training and technical assistance, including mentoring and working partnerships with funders.
- National Youth Leadership Network: Hosts workshops around the country for young people to develop leadership skills, creating a culture of full inclusion.
- United Healthcare Children’s Foundation: Help families gain access to care through medical grants.
- Variety: Equipment and services, healthcare and well being for mobility, independence and social inclusion.
- Wheelchairs 4 Kids: Support children with mobility challenges including wheelchairs, ramps, lifts, and home modifications.
- Wheel to Walk: Helps children with disabilities, age 20 and younger, obtain medical & adaptive equipment or therapy services not provided by insurance.