Break Box: Sensory Tool Kit - Custom Choice
Why We Love It
A Treasure Box of Sensory Tools
Customize your own Break Box (or purchase a Ready-Made Break Box) to help students renew concentration, calm down or re-energize for better learning results. Choose from 35+ award-winning sensory tools that address classroom behavior issues and re-engage body and mind.
- Provides sensory-based activities to help manage behavior
- Choice of fine and gross motor tools, calming weight and heavy work
- Enables students to self-regulate
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Ideas for Use
- Toss a Bean Bag when students ask or answer a question to sharpen coordination and focus
- Work out with Space Explorers or Crawl and Calm Resistance Tunnel to strengthen muscles and increase alertness
- Take a two-minute break with different activity stations. One group plays catch with Hand-Eye Coordination Scarves, one group races to find the most pieces in the Discovery Putty, one group buttons, zips and snaps and one group uses the Foam Roller to wake up or de-stress
- Set goals to increase endurance. For example, for hands that fatigue easily, encourage child to roll or punch putty and see if child can write or draw for a minute longer each time
Watch video on ActiveMind School Partnership.
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.