We can help you now!
A Treasure Box of Sensory Tool
Customize your own Break Box (or purchase a Ready-made Break Box) to help students renew concentration, calm down or re-energize for better learning results. Choose from 35+ award-winning sensory tools that address classroom behavior issues and re-engage body and mind. Use with adult supervision.
- Provides sensory-based activities to help manage behavior.
- Choice of fine and gross motor tools, calming weight and heavy work
- Enable students to self-regulate with minimum supervision
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Ideas for Use
- Toss a bean bag when students ask or answer a question to sharpen coordination and focus.
- Work out with Space Explorers or Calm-and-Crawl Tunnel to strengthen muscles and increase alertness.
- Take a two-minute break with different activity stations: one group plays catch with hand-eye coordination scarves, one group races to find the most pieces in the Discovery Putty, one group buttons, zips and snaps, and one group uses the foam roller to wake up or de-stress.
- Set goals to increase endurance e.g., for hands that fatigue easily, encourage child to roll or punch putty, and see if child can write or draw for a minute longer each time.
Watch video on ActiveMind School Partnership (also see ).
- Webinar and Onsite Training available
- Download the Fun and Function Behavior Tracking Tool to measure results
- Download Self Regulation and Tracking for Kids
- Download the for sensory motor activity ideas
- Get Quick Tips and FAQs
Customize your Break Box to improve classroom behavior and academic performance:Sensory input and deep pressure for hyperactive behaviorHeavy Work for wild or restless behaviorCalming tools for self-regulationTactile Input for restless behaviorMassage and gentle vibrations to wake tired musclesWork out the WigglesReduce distractions for the auditory-sensitiveFidgets to release stress and channel energy
Not as the pictureI bought two empty Break boxes and they both came with no sticker on them that says break box. Very disappointed as I only bought them because I liked the stickers on them to display what the bins were for. If I knew that the bins didn't come with the stickers I would have just bought these bins at a big box store that sells this brand of bin near my home instead of buying in the US and waiting for them to come to Canada and paying double with shipping. They will be going back asap, I will buy the bins here and make stickers for them.Read MoreFun and Function Response:We really apologize you received your box without the labels, that should not have happened. We'll happily to send you a new box with the labels attached.Break BoxI'm preparing my sensory son for kindergarten, and I was so excited to see the kits and break boxes filled with products to keep him calm and happy during class!Read MoreKeeps students focused!Break Box helps my students get back in their seats and focus, so I don't have to send them out for misbehavior.Read More