Macrame Doorway Swing
Why We Love It
Macrame Boho Swing
Swing away while you play on this beautiful macrame swing. Swinging back and forth promotes calming vestibular input, motor planning skills and gross motor coordination. Hang from our doorway bar (sold separately) as a great way to incorporate vestibular input indoors when it’s raining outside or the therapy clinic is closed. The ropes are adjustable so your child can swing at the height that is right for them. This swing is a great for kids and teens.
- This stylish Boho swing is great for sensory integration
- Supports kids and adults with autism, sensory processing disorder or anxiety
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Ideas for Use
- Pretend you're a bird while you swing on your belly
- Kick a foam ball that is thrown at your feet as you practice pumping
- Bend your knees when the swing moves back and extend knees when the swing moves forward for maximum pumping action and leg-strengthening
- Two-point suspension.
- We recommend minimum 6' 3" suspension. If using any additional hardware to hang your swing, be sure to account for its height. This swing is suitable for use in a standard doorway.
- For two point or doorway suspensions: To hang, you will need an eyebolt or hook for each suspension point. Each eyebolt or hook must be appropriate for the intended use and professionally installed in a beam in your ceiling. You may also use a professionally installed suspension kit, a swing frame with adequate clearance, or a doorway bar. If suspension is greater than 9', you will need Height Adjustable Swing Chain Hardware or two Swing Adjustments Systems without a swivel.
- If using outdoors, store indoors to protect swing from wind, rain, snow, direct sunlight and low temperatures.
- All additional hardware sold separately.
- Need clarity on swing hardware? Check out our Swing Hardware Primer.
- Includes two carabiners
- Swing: 21.5"L x 7.75"W tapers to 4.75"W
Adjustable ropes: 35.5" to 71"L
Carabiners: 3"L x 1.5"W x 0.3"D
- Weighs 2.2 lbs.
- Supports up to 330 lbs.
- Made of weatherproof UV resistant high strength polyester fiber rope, polyethylene buckles and steel hardware
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Color: Natural beige
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.