Prewriting Gel Pad
Why We Love It
A Gel Maze for Pre-Writing Skills
An a-MAZE-ing sensory tool for beginning writers! Use the magnetic pen to slide the circles along the different types of lines to practice pre-writing skills. Kids will develop their tripod pencil grasp as they hold the magnetic pen and practice grading movement as they apply gentle pressure to move the magnets across the gel. The gel maze features beloved Fun and Function friends, like our Sloth Heavy Hugger, Friggles the Frog and Harry the Sensory Hedgehog, and familiar chewies like our Calming Leaf Chewy and the Rock Chewy. This is a fun pre-writing tool that can be used endlessly, thanks to the adorable design and wipe clean surface.
- Helps promote bilateral coordination and crossing midline
- Supports kids with sensory processing disorder, fine motor weakness and learning delays
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Ideas for Use
- Add to a literacy center to promote pre-writing skills
- Use as a warm-up activity for writing during occupational therapy sessions
- Freestyle! Move the magnet in squiggles or form letters in the open gel areas
After removing the Gel Pad from the package, flatten it with a heavy book or other heavy item for a full 24 hours. Use the pad on a firm surface.
- Includes pad with magnetic pen
- Pad: 13"L x 13"W. Pen: 4"L x 0.4" Diameter
- Weighs 1.4 lbs. total
- Made of PVC and metal alloy magnet. Filled with gel
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Colors: Multi-colored
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.