Sand and Putty Tools
Why We Love It
Engaging Finger and Fine Motor Work
It’s OK to play with your (pretend) food! These kid-safe tools are the perfect companion for molding putty or scooping sand. Scoop, cut, roll and slice for fine motor work. For children who don’t like touching putty, clay or sand, these tools can help them better tolerate the texture. Building strength in fingers and hands helps to improve handwriting and keyboarding. Watch kids’ imaginations come alive as they play chef, baker or candlestick maker. Use scoop with sand only, not for use with putty.
- Helps to strengthen hand and finger muscles
- Inspires creative, imaginative play with putty and sand
- Lightweight tools are easy for small hands to maneuver
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 5+
Ideas for Use
- Pretend you’re a gourmet pizza chef! Slice the ingredients, roll out the dough, and construct a secret pizza recipe.
- Scoop and move sand from one container to another without spilling to practice hand-eye coordination.
- Carve out cool designs, letters, numbers or shapes in putty with the knife.
- Includes: 1 putty knife, 1 scoop, 1 rolling pin, 1 pizza cutter
- Putty knife: 6"L x 1"W
- Scoop: 6"L x 1"W
- Rolling pin: 8.5"L x 2"W
- Pizza cutter: 4.5"L x 4"W
- Weighs 5 oz.
- Made from PVC plastic
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Colors: orange, gray and red
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.