Scented Weighted Sand
Sniff and Squeeze to Wake up Your Senses!
This no-mess play sand lightly scented with lemon essential oils to wake up the senses. It’s a terrific sensory integration and fine motor training tool that encourages grasp, pinch, pull and intrinsic muscle development. The sand feels heavy to the touch and provides a great hand workout, perfect for warming up the hands before writing. Use in classrooms, take on a trip or keep at home. Use with adult supervision.
- Encourages sensory integration, tactile exploration and sensory play
- Helps tactile sensitive children build tolerance for texture
- Supports children with ADHD, sensory processing disorder and autism
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 3+
Ideas for Use
- Use as part of a hands-on center in your classroom
- Smell this sand, a real lemon and other lemon scents. See if kids can tell which is which
- Use as a hand warm up before fine motor activities such as writing
- Put in the refrigerator, then squeeze and manipulate to get a "cool" feel
- Includes plastic box with lid closures and top handle
- Box is 8"L x 6"W x 4"D
- Weighs 2 lbs.
- Silicone dioxide sand
- Surface wash. Air dry
- Clear container, yellow sand
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.