Why We Love It
Pretend you’re skateboarding or surfing! The Skateboard Swing platform has sturdy rungs attached to adjustable ropes. Children can hold on to the ropes for extra support. It's a great way to work out the wiggles, and many kids find the motion to be calming. Swing front-to-back and side-to-side to support sensory integration and improve balance, body awareness, coordination and motor planning. Use while sitting, kneeling or prone on this foam covered wooden swing. Great addition to a school sensory gym, home or therapy clinic.
- Enjoy the calming benefits of swinging indoors
- Supports kids with low muscle tone, autism and sensory processing disorder
- Made by Fun and Function
- Age 4+
Ideas for Use
- Swing through the air and pretend you’re the next famous skateboarding star
- Kneel on the swing and pretend you're riding the waves in the ocean
- Sit on the swing and hold onto the ropes as you work on propelling the swing back and forth while pumping your legs
- Two-point suspension.
- We recommend minimum 5' 7" suspension. If using any additional hardware to hang your swing, be sure to account for its height.
- For two-point suspension: To hang, you will need an eyebolt or hook for each suspension point. Each eyebolt or hook must be appropriate for the intended use and professionally installed in a beam in your ceiling. You may also use a professionally installed suspension kit, or a swing frame with adequate clearance. If suspension is greater than 8' 3", you will need Height Adjustable Swing Chain Hardware or two Swing Adjustments Systems without a swivel.
- If using outdoors, store indoors to protect swing from wind, rain, snow, direct sunlight and low temperatures.
- All additional hardware sold separately.
- Need clarity on swing hardware? Check out our Swing Hardware Primer.
- Includes two carabiners
- Skateboard: 8"L x 2.6'W
Ropes (adjustable): 43"L to 71"L
Rungs: 15"L x 1.25" Diameter
Carabiners: 3"L x 1.5"W x 0.3"D
- Weighs 7.5 lbs.
- Supports up to 200 lbs.
- Skateboard: Maple wood covered with EVA soft foam
Rope: Polyethylene, birch wood rungs and galvanized steel hardware
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Colors: Seafoam green skateboard with natural rope and wood
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.