Why We Love It
Monkey Bar Swing
Love monkey bars? Love swings? Our Trapeze Swing is a monkey bar swing that combines the upper body workout you get on monkey bars with the vestibular input you get from a swing. Kids can grab the comfy handles or the bar and swing away. It's a fabulously fun swing that kids will use at every chance, all while they improve shoulder and arm strength and develop core muscles. It's a sturdy sensory swing that's easy to hang from a Doorway Bar EQ7412 (sold separately) or traditional suspension hardware. Ropes are adjustable to suit your space and your child's needs.
- Swinging provides vestibular input which can help calm and organize
- Supports kids with low muscle tone, autism and sensory processing disorder
- Made by Fun and Function
- Ages 5-12
Ideas for Use
- Start swinging while holding the handles. Then, reach up with one hand and then the other to hold the bar instead
- Kickball with a twist! Toss a ball to your child and see if they can kick it while swinging
- Swing and jump down into your crash pad or ball pit for a great proprioceptive activity
- Two-point suspension.
- We recommend minimum 5' 9" suspension. If using any additional hardware to hang your swing, be sure to account for its height. This swing is suitable for use in a standard doorway.
- For two-point suspension: To hang, you will need an eyebolt or hook for each suspension point. Each eyebolt or hook must be appropriate for the intended use and professionally installed in a beam in your ceiling. You may also use a professionally installed suspension kit, a swing frame with adequate clearance, or a doorway bar. If suspension is greater than 8' 3", you will need Height Adjustable Swing Chain Hardware or two Swing Adjustments Systems without a swivel.
- If using outdoors, store indoors to protect swing from wind, rain, snow, direct sunlight and low temperatures.
- All additional hardware sold separately.
- Includes two carabiners
- Adjustable ropes: 43.3"L to 71"L x 0.4" Diameter
Bar: 22.9"L x 1.4" Diameter
Hand rings: 5.3" Diameter
Carabiners: 3"L x 1.5"W x 0.3"D
- Weighs 2.2 lbs.
- Supports up to 100 lbs.
- Made of pine wood and steel with polypropylene, polyethylene and steel hardware
- Surface wash. Air dry.
- Colors: Black rope, wood, silver metal and red hand coverings
- Height Adjuster for Swings$129.99
- Doorway Bar with Straps$72.97
- Ceiling Swing Hook$20.99
Commitment to Safety
Always select products for your child’s developmental abilities, which can differ from chronological age. Consult with your pediatrician or therapist for guidance.
When using our products, remember that you – as the caregiver – know your child best. Please follow our safety recommendations, and provide additional supervision as needed for your child.
Though no chewy is indestructible, our categories can be helpful when choosing a chewy. Make sure the chewy you choose is appropriate for your child’s development and needs. Please follow our safety recommendations for chewies. Chewies should always be used with adult supervision.